Last night was Kaeden's first swimming lesson at our local YMCA. There were about 4 or 5 in his class. He absolutely LOVED it. He loves to be in the water, but was a little scared on the way there. However, he did a great job. Kelden and I had to stay out behind the glass so I couldn't hear what was being said, but he seemed to be enjoying himself. I got to listen to Kelden saying "wim, wim" the whole time. He wanted in the pool so bad.
I think the instructor was mainly teaching them how to kick their legs. He then got out a floating basketball hoop. Kaeden had a little help at first, but ended up grabbing the basketball and making a basket all on his own without any help. This Mommy was very proud. Of course, when we left he said, "I learned how to swim tonight." I had to inform him that he didn't really learn how to swim in one night, but was LEARNING. I did capture part of it on video so I may add the "great basketball shot" later. So, Wednesday is the next lesson.
On a side note.....I brought Kelden with me to work this morning and had the doctor check him out. He has pneumonia so this has already proved to be an interesting week!!!! More later............
3 comments:
I love it that your little one wants to 'wim, wim' too! He is such a doll! I took swimming lessons as a kid until we had to go under water. This girl WAS NOT going to get her hair wet, so I quit. Swimming is overrated...just kidding!
Keep on bloggin' on!
I sure hope Keldon is feeling better soon. It is sure hard for us mommy's to see them that way.
I was so excited to find your blog! Loved seeing pictures of your little guys. :-) They look like they have lots of energy.
Post a Comment