I mentioned in my post yesterday that Kelden had pneumonia. Between the thunderstorms last night and my children waking up I seemed to not be getting enough sleep. Kelden woke up around 4:00 am wanting a drink. So, Brian traipses downstairs (with Kelden) and gets him a drink. They come back upstairs with a sippy cup and get back in bed. Kelden seemed extremely restless and was laying on top of me, beside me.......you get the point. I started rubbing his little arm and felt a bunch of bumps. I told Brian I was going to turn on the light and sure enough Kelden had little welts on him. I took him downstairs and started checking him out. I pulled his diaper off and he had HUGE welts on his bottom. After a call from the doctor Brian left to go to Kroger and get some Benadryl (unfortunately I had run out). After giving Benadryl to Kelden twice (he kept spitting it back out), he fell back asleep. I took him back up to bed and when we got up the hives were completely gone.
I got to my in-laws house this morning and dropped off the boys. They brought Kaeden to my work to be checked out and sure enough he has pneumonia too. Now he is on an inhaler and going to try the medicine that Kelden was on. Pray he doesn't have a reaction to it also. Kelden has been switched to a new med. He is still breaking out in hives when the Benadryl wears off, which the doc says he could do for weeks now. So, after two doctors visits and spending half of my paycheck at the pharmacy, I'm hoping we are on our way to a speedy recovery.
2 comments:
I hope they are on their way to a speedy recovery too! Sounds like you have your hands full.
Hey, I heard about the little sick boys. I'm so sorry to hear that. Hope they get feeling better. Tell Kaeden that Connor is coming to stay at Oma's for a week...maybe that will make him feel better:)
Post a Comment