Friday, August 29, 2014

Grandma Peggy - December 20, 1931 - August 28, 2014

Margaret Hazel Gornor, also known as Grandma Peggy, went to be with Jesus yesterday.  I realize many people never know their grandparents, but my grandmothers have had an amazing influence on my life. 

My Grandma Peggy was probably the most humble person I know.  She would get a new outfit and not wear it for months because she didn't want people to notice that she had something new on. 

She was incredibly spunky.  She would walk all over town, was a nanny, took me camping, we had many sleepovers, and the list goes on and on. 

She loved to play games with me.  We would play Phase 10 and Upwords probably the most. 

She loved to crochet doilies, loved peanut butter toast and LOVED coffee (which she would reheat in the microwave over and over and over).

She loved kids and loved being a grandmother, and not only to her biological grandkids, but to my friends, as well. 

She loved unconditionally. 

In the past several years her health had declined to the point that she didn't recognize me, but I always knew one thing, she was MY Grandma and I would always have the memories of her to cherish forever. 

Grandma Peggy, I just keep wondering what you're doing in Heaven, what it must be like, who you must be talking to.  You were so quiet, so it's hard for me to imagine you with a crowd of people.  One day we'll get to be together again, but until that day comes, I'll always remember the spunky Grandma that you were and the memories you left me with.  I'll see you in Heaven, Grandma.

Love you forever and always,
Danessa  

No comments:

"For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all." 2 Corinthians 4:17 ...