Tuesday, November 11, 2008

How Deep the Father's Love for Us

I love the words to this song..............what an amazing thought that our Father would do this for us. With Thanksgiving right around the corner and the thought of thankfulness in our hearts, I could go on an on of things that I am thankful for and way too often take for granted. However, the last two lines of this song pretty much sums it up. I'm so thankful that He has paid my ransom and continues to bless me daily. What a wonderful, amazing God we serve.
How deep the
Father's love for us,
How vast beyond
all measure
That He should
give His only Son
To make a wretch
His treasure
How great the pain
of searing loss,
The Father turns
His face away
As wounds which
mar the chosen One,
Bring many sons to
glory
Behold the Man
upon a cross,
My sin upon His
shoulders
Ashamed I hear my
mocking voice,
Call out among the
scoffers
It was my sin that
held Him there
Until it was
accomplished
His dying breath
has brought me life
I know that it is
finished
I will not boast
in anything
No gifts, no
power, no wisdom
But I will boast
in Jesus Christ
His death and
resurrection
Why should I gain
from His reward?
I cannot give an
answer
But this I know
with all my heart
His wounds have
paid my ransom
Ponder the above words, bask in them, our HEAVENLY FATHER LOVES US.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful song! Can't wait to see you all.

"For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all." 2 Corinthians 4:17 ...