Monday, January 4, 2016

Grandma Hoke

Grandma:
Time is a funny thing. Time can heal wounds or make them worse. Time can bring love or sadness to people. Time with loved ones can bring happiness and joy. Time thinking can bring good memories or bad ones...and can also be dangerous or inspiring. Time can be wasted or well spent.
The time you have invested in my life, however, is time that has had a lasting impact on me. You and Grandpa have been so sacrificial and have given so much TIME to your family. So many of my memories are of good times that we spent together.....big family dinners, getting water from the spring, going out to the garden with Grandpa, spending Sunday afternoons at your house, you all taking me to camp and many, many more. TIME. Time well spent. Time that can never be repeated, but doesn't ever need to be because you did it right the first time. And now, at this time, I sit here beside your bed and spend time with you.
How I hope that I can spend my time half as wisely as you have done. One day, in Heaven, time won't be measured and won't matter. But today, today is time given to me to leave an impact on my family, as you have done, and I will do my best to use the time that He has given me wisely and lovingly.
Time! Time is a funny thing. May I invest my time in His kingdom and leave the legacy of "time well spent" as you have done.
Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
Love you always,
Danessa
 
 
 
Grandma went to be with Jesus, where she longed to be, on November 12, 2015.  Love you forever and always, Grandma. 
 
 

Danessa Norman Riggs's photo.


No comments:

"For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all." 2 Corinthians 4:17 ...